Uridan Australia is a division of SUMS Group. SUMS Group is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all employees, visitors and contractors. The company also recognises the responsibilities and requirements placed upon it by Environmental Health and Safety legislation and codes of practice and will adhere to these principles.
SUMS will continue to manage all business activities in complete accordance with the guidelines as provided by The Australian Government Department of Health.
In summary SUMS Management will:
- Closely monitor official Government sources for current information and advice
- Ensure all staff are aware of the isolation/quarantine periods in accordance with advise from the Australian Government Department of Health
- Employees should not attend work if feeling unwell and should report any absence to their supervisor in accordance with the SUMS HR Policy Manual
- Senior Management will provide clear advice to employees about actions they should take if they become unwell or think they may have the symptoms of coronavirus, in accordance with advice from the Australia Government Department of Health and state or territory health department
- Senior Management will provide regular updates to all staff about the situation and any changes to organisational policies or procedures
- Contingency planning to manage staff absences
- Providing staff with information and links to relevant services should they require support
- Should any SUMS employee be absent from the office due to the Coronavirus illness every effort will be made to provide them with meaningful work or relevant workplace training
SUMS employees also have a duty to take reasonable care of their own health and safety and to not adversely affect the health and safety of others. Staff should be reminded to always practice good hygiene and other measures to protect themselves and other against infection. This includes:
- Washing their hands often, with soap and water, or carrying hand sanitiser and using it as needed.
- Covering their mouth when coughing and sneezing, but not using their hands to do so
- Seeing a health care professional if they start to feel unwell
- If unwell, avoiding contact with others (including shaking hands and other touching such as hugging)
SUMS at Client Sites
- Where SUMS Group staff is attending a client site, they will work to fully comply with client protocols
SUMS works remotely
- The SUMS Group culture embraces flexible work methods, delivering the freedom and choice of where and how to work
- Where possible our employees are encouraged to work remotely as required
If you have further questions regarding SUMS Group’s Business Continuity Arrangements in response to COVID-19, please do not hesitate to email us on firstname.lastname@example.org